11th December 2013
Those of you with a keen nose for the latest comedy news might have heard that Wildseed Studios have recently announced their first batch of six comedy pilots - one of which features our very own Funn…
The main award
SPONSORED BY BENEFIT cosmetics
with kind support from
What is the Main Award?
This award will go to for the act who, in the judges opinion, provides the best all round comedy entertainment.
The winner will receive:
- A bursary worth £2,000, which includes a development package with Funny Women
- £500 Worth of Benefit Cosmetics
- The opportunity to become a brand ambassador for Benefit Cosmetics for a year
- Your own Benefit blog!
- The chance to appear at events and promotions organised by Benefit
“We are really excited to be working with Funny Women and can’t wait to be involved with the awards. Funny Women is all about empowering women which is what we do through our products so the synergy is perfect! As we say at Benefit, ‘laughter is the best cosmetic....so grin and wear it!’.” Kyra Oates, head of promotions for Benefit Cosmetics.
HOW do the awards work?
FIRST ROUND HEATS
- Acts perform 5 minutes of original material in front of a live audience
- In the first round, acts are judged by a cross section of the audience on material, delivery, stage presence and originality. We encourage judges to be as constructive as possible with their comments so we can get useful feedback to you.
- Heats run from April-June 2014 in various venues across the UK and Ireland
- The top scoring 60 (approx.) acts are invited to perform in the semi-finals shows
- Acts will be judged by a panel of comedy bookers, bloggers and producers. One overall winner is chosen to go straight through to the final, and one runner-up is selected as a 'Wild Card.' Approx. 5 Wild Cards are chosen to go through to the final.
- The semi-finals run from late June-July in prestigious venues in London and Manchester
- The top 12 acts perform at the London Leicester Square Theatre on 22nd September 2014.
- Acts will be judged by an elite panel of industry commissioners, agents, producers and performers. You can read about our fantastic 2013 judging panel HERE.
- One winner and two runners-up will also be chosen
HOW TO ENTEr
Registration for the 2014 Funny Women Awards will open in spring.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
A full list of past winners and finalists can be found HERE
12th December 2013
Winners of the Funny Women Award 2013. Twisted Loaf - Libby Northedge and Nina Smith are a female clown and character sketch duo. They will be performing their award-winning comedy at the Hen and Chic…
5:02pm December 13th
4:53pm December 13th
3:14pm December 13th
Big thank you to our film crew backstage at the British Comedy Awards - that's Shari Goldman setting up! http://t.co/jz1ejvVV3v
3:12pm December 13th
Two very funny ladies telling us about their all-time favourite funny ladies at the British Comedy Awards last... http://t.co/rdTz6Zzi0O