4th March 2014
With International Women’s Day fast approaching this weekend we are excited that the results of our collaboration with the University of East London is coming to fruition. It doesn’t …
The main award
SPONSORED BY BENEFIT cosmetics
with kind support from
What is the Main Award?
This award will go to for the act who, in the judges opinion, provides the best all round comedy entertainment.
The winner will receive:
- A bursary worth £2,000, which includes a development package with Funny Women
- £500 Worth of Benefit Cosmetics
- The opportunity to become a brand ambassador for Benefit Cosmetics for a year
- Your own Benefit blog!
- The chance to appear at events and promotions organised by Benefit
“We are really excited to be working with Funny Women and can’t wait to be involved with the awards. Funny Women is all about empowering women which is what we do through our products so the synergy is perfect! As we say at Benefit, ‘laughter is the best cosmetic....so grin and wear it!’.” Kyra Oates, head of promotions for Benefit Cosmetics.
HOW do the awards work?
FIRST ROUND HEATS
- Acts perform 5 minutes of original material in front of a live audience
- In the first round, acts are judged by a cross section of the audience on material, delivery, stage presence and originality. We encourage judges to be as constructive as possible with their comments so we can get useful feedback to you.
- Heats run from April-June 2014 in various venues across the UK and Ireland
- The top scoring 60 (approx.) acts are invited to perform in the semi-finals shows
- Acts will be judged by a panel of comedy bookers, bloggers and producers. One overall winner is chosen to go straight through to the final, and one runner-up is selected as a 'Wild Card.' Approx. 5 Wild Cards are chosen to go through to the final.
- The semi-finals run from late June-July in prestigious venues in London and Manchester
- The top 12 acts perform at the London Leicester Square Theatre on 22nd September 2014.
- Acts will be judged by an elite panel of industry commissioners, agents, producers and performers. You can read about our fantastic 2013 judging panel HERE.
- One winner and two runners-up will also be chosen
HOW TO ENTEr
Registration for the 2014 Funny Women Awards will open in spring.
A full list of past winners and finalists can be found HERE
6th March 2014 - 8th March 2014
We are delighted to announce we will be at the Visible Women 'I am Visible' conference as part of their International Women's Day celebrations at the Knowledge Dock at the University of Ea…
12:05am March 8th
11:06pm March 7th
10:05pm March 7th
9:05pm March 7th