4th March 2014
With International Women’s Day fast approaching this weekend we are excited that the results of our collaboration with the University of East London is coming to fruition. It doesn’t …
THE COMEDY WRITING AWARD
in assoCiation with the comedy unit and the huffington post
What is the comedy writing award?
We know that not every writer is a performer, so this an opportunity for those happier behind the scenes to truly shine. That's why we're happy to be continuing the Comedy Writing Award in 2013, in association with award winning comedy production company The Comedy Unit, and leading news platform The Huffington Post.
Andrea Mann, Comedy Editor of The Huffington Post UK, had this to say about working with the Comedy Writing Award this year: "As someone who likes to champion women in comedy- as well as being a woman myself- I'm delighted, as Comedy Editor of The Huffington Post UK, to be involved in the Funny Women Awards. There are so many brilliant, funny women trying who deserve to have the spotlight shone on them- especially those who work behind the scenes as writers- and I believe these awards help to do just that."
£500 script option fee for a 12 month development period, including three weeks intensive mentoring to complete the 30 minute script with dedicated access to a professional script editor.
- Short synopsis of the idea- maximum one page
- Entries will be 8-15 pages maximum of a 30 minutes comedy script for television.
- The script can take the form of a sitcom, sketch show, comedy drama, anything really! But it must feel like it would work as a coherent whole across a 30 minute audience experience i.e. ten 3 minute web viral episodes stuck together is NOT a 30 minute script
- Sounds obvious, but please make sure your script is formatted properly. There is a whole load of free script writing software available onlline which can help make your writing look more like a script!
- If you feel it necessary, you can add a short paragraph detailing any relevant/key story information that isn't in the script sample (e.g. how the story started before the sample, how it will end after etc.)
- As part of Funny Women's dedication to new talent, only those who have not previously had a paid script commission are eligible to enter.
- One script per person, although joint entries wiith writing partners are welcome
- Deadline for submissions is 31st August 2014. Ten scripts will be shortlisted in early September. The top three script writers will be invited to the Funny Women Awards Final on 22nd September at the London Leicester Square Theatre, and the overall winner announced on the night.
How to enter:
Registration for the 2014 Funny Women Awards will open in the spring.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
You can find a full list of past winners and finalists HERE
7th March 2014 - 9th March 2014
Funny Women are pleased to make their fourth appearance at the WOW Festival this year for a weekend of talks, debates, performance and activism celebrating women and girls. Come celebrate Internationa…
10:05pm March 9th
9:05pm March 9th
8:05pm March 9th
We've had an amazing time at #WOWLDN - thanks to everyone who came and chatted all things Funny Women with us!
7:05pm March 9th